Monday, December 31, 2007

Tangalooma Take 2 - Sea

After our long and sweaty journey back from the desert, we got back to the resort to rest for a while. Being a troublesome pig, I couldn't take a nap as I'd sleep for hours if I closed my eyes, so I started unpacking our little luggage to get ready to hit the pool.

Bigbadwolf finally woke up and we all headed off to the pool to take a dip. It was so cool and refreshing as I had sand everywhere on me before from sand toboganning.


The view was amazing. We spent the evening watching the sunset, and left after to get ready for the dolphin feeding session.

The dolphins were wild bottle nose dolphins, therefore we weren't allowed to pet them as they may not be immuned to whatever bacteria we may carry. I was really excited at the beginning before we got to Tangalooma as most of you would've known with my constant ramblings of hoping to touch and swim with the dolphins.

But when it was finally time to feed the dolphins, the dolphin that I queued to feed the fishie accidentally bit on my nail. Of course I didn't bleed or anything! It was just their beak-like snout that snapped on my thumb that made me so terrified! Look at the photo haha, I was watching the dolphins every second to make sure they didn't get to me! :S

How (un)fortunate of us, the person supervising us with the dolphin feeding thought he'd be nice and let us feed the dolphin a few more times. I was so horrified I just dropped the fish into the water each time which made it worse because the dolphin started getting closer haha, stupid me! Here's a proper picture of us smiling. I'm not sure what my colleague was doing though hehe. We headed back to our rooms again for a quick shower and change for our company dinner after.

My choice for the night was the butterfly chicken fillet with mushroom sauce. It was superbly delicious. Bigbadwolf stuck to his usual t-bone steak medium rare. The girls had some red and white wine while some of the boys kept to their cold beers. We retired early that night to get ready for the next day. To be honest, I would classify the resort as a 2-3 star motel with an awesome view. The bed was damp and the room was furnished with very old furnitures. It didn't really bother us though since we spent so little time in the room.

The island on the otherhand is extremely beautiful, a picturesque sight. The next morning, I overslept and woke up only when sweetiie rang me. I dashed out of my room for the buffet breakfast in 5 minutes still in my jammies hehe, but with a long jacket to cover myself la. The buffet was pretty impressive as I wasn't really expecting anything that great. We had everything - from bacon and sausages to pancakes, hash browns, and etc. What a hearty breakfast.

The weather was really gloomy in the morning, so alot of our colleagues decided to take the early ferry back home. The rest of us decided to stay longer thanks to our manager's determination, and I'm so glad we did in the end. The weather took a turn for the better and we managed to take the dinghy out for a swim at the shipwrecks.

We walked around taking photos, cam-whoring everywhere before it was our turn to take the dinghy out. We had to rent two dinghys since we were only permitted four people per dinghy babies included.

The cool breeze and amazing view.

The mommies stayed in the boat to mommy their hubba bubbas while we dived in to explore. It has been such a long time since I've been out in the sea! We decided to go back ashore since the others wanted to rest by the beach to waddle around where it was shallow.
Looks can be deceiving, but I swam all the way from the sea side to the ship wreck and boi was it really far away. I was absolutely exhausted hahaha. I wish I had better stamina, thank god I had the life jacket on the whole time. I would've sunk in the last five minutes heading towards the ship wreck. ;p
Our dinghys finally arrived and we got our photos taken haha! We didn't get onto the ship wreck since we didn't have any flippers or flip flops to wear. After about an hour, we got back onto the dinghy reluctantly to had back to the shore. Our time was finally up, and so was it the end of our short vacation.

I had a very good time and really enjoyed our little short trip. It was a great bonding time for all. Bye bye Tangalooma, hopefully I'll come back again some day. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool holiday place to go..u look like u had lots of fun!!isnt it dangerous for babies to sit in dat boat?

Anonymous said...

i wan go oliday too! =p

WIST said...

anon: there are always risks when it comes to a baby, be it at home, out in restaurants or shopping centres. we just have to be careful and alert at all times :)

rm: you should go ;) i cant wait to go to malaysia in feb!

Anonymous said...

y dont u update nemore? ;'( cum bak sha!!!!